My wife and I have a relatively big garage. It’s about 400 square feet. That’s bigger than 90% of people’s living space in San Francisco. But all of that glorious space is covered with hand-me-downs waiting for me to remove them so I can finally take on a hobby.
Looking for a musky scent
at the end of the tunnel
of a figure that wasn’t there.
Chasing his shadows
as he packed and unpacked his fears
searching for his peace.
Exhausted I stopped and controlled
the twitching of my legs and
their impulse to run after him.
In 2020, during the pandemic and right before the American second surge, I visited Kauai.
I don’t know why but I decided I was going to take tons of pictures and I was going to share them on my Instagram account.
I followed through with my intention and took so…
At the time I was working at Starbucks they used to release music compilations. I bought several of those albums and that’s how I started my international (mostly American) music education. I might still have some of them somewhere in my garage.
Through them, I learned about Sergio Mendes, Bernie…
[Trigger warning: if you are afraid of language, there is plenty of it here. So if it bothers you, maybe it’s time to move on to a listicle on the eleven and a half things you can do to become more like everybody else.]
The tuba is the only instrument in the universe that can successfully disturb the space-time continuum.
Its bell is designed to swallow you and everything around you whole. Its sound is meant to support the bass of the entire melody, but in reality, it obliterates every single note, and only…
“When I was a kid, I didn’t know I’d be standing here in front of you, but I did know I was meant for great things. Everybody told me so. Especially, after I set up a lemonade stand.”
“Listen, Steve,” Benjamin interrupted. “Every kid in the U.S. has, at one…
I moved to Petaluma because my wife wanted us to. Which is 90% of the reason any married man does anything. We do as our wives see fit but only 90% of the time. The other 10% we do because we are horny.
If you don’t believe me look at…
Ah, remember the good times?
Making a vaccine would take decades.
Then it would be released
and it would maim in spades.
Now, it takes less than a year
to create three vaccines.
Why does science like to interfere?
Ugh, this is the worst it has ever been!